University of Texas at San Antonio Athletics Facilities Event Coordinator II in San Antonio, Texas
Title of Position Athletics Facilities Event Coordinator II
Requisition Number BES20180127P
Department Posting Name Athletics
Location Main Campus
Recruitment Type External
Position Type This is a Classified, benefits eligible, position.
Grant Funded? No
Hours per week 40
If employee will be working a schedule other than Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, specify hours and days to be worked
Frequent evening, weekend, and holiday work required.
If Temporary, Ending Date
Recruiting Rate $28,956 - $42,000/annualized
Beginning Salary Flexibility Yes
Pay Basis Salary
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Do you want to allow additional experience to substitute for required education? No
Preferred Education Master's Degree
Field of Study
Preferred: Sports Administration, Physical Education or a related field.
MS Office Experience Required Word, Outlook
Will this position require driving a UT or personally owned vehicle? No
Other Computer and Software Skills Required
Experience and Other Skills Required
Two years of progressively responsible experience in facility management.
Experience in personnel administration (hiring, training and supervising student staff members) and student staff development.
Experience with facility maintenance issues.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. without reasonable accommodation.
Do you want to allow additional education to substitute for required experience? No
Other Skills Preferred
Four years of progressively responsible experience in facility management.
Familiar with a metropolitan university setting.
Description of Job Duties
- Provides early morning, evening and weekend operations management and administration of Athletic facilities.
- Initiates, plans, schedules and manages on and off site university events to include coordination/procuring of location, facilities, technical services, supplies marketing, publicity and personnel.
- Assists with event set-ups and teardowns as needed.
- Hires, trains, schedules and supervises full-time Athletics Facilities Event Coordinator I position and student workers.
- Reconciles student wages account on a monthly basis.
- Ensures sufficient support personnel are trained, scheduled and available.
- Develops and manages budgets for internal and external events.
- Responsible for security of Athletic facilities.
- Maintains University Athletics relations with on- and off-campus departments and service providers.
- Assists with repair of equipment and some facility maintenance. Assists with tracking of maintenance costs and budgeting.
- Maintains responsibility of University assets by using discretion and independent judgement when necessary to assure efficient and appropriate operations of all Athletics on-campus events and facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posting Open Date 03/28/2018
Posting Close Date at midnight on
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Notes To Applicants
-UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
-UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
-This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
-At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may be closed once a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.