USAA Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Senior Business Risk & Controls Advisor for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance based initiatives. Responsible for ensuring adherence to the governance of the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, market conduct exams, and monitoring the first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk assessment data, and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
- Manages and drives solutions for stronger controls on behalf of the business, and in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives which may include: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, or new product controls, supplier governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls and shares knowledge with team members to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls.
- Serves as a first line of defense Subject Matter Expert in one or more key areas e.g. Governance Risk and Compliance data (GRC) data.
- Holds responsible for first line of defense data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Anticipates business needs and proactively identifies opportunities to improve and strengthen the control environment through actionable insights.
- Provides guidance in the execution of Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA's), translates control deficiencies into action plans and provides recommendations to enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with stakeholders to drive improvement efforts to correct or prevent unfavorable trends and assess the impacts.
- Facilitates, manages and oversees complex projects involving cross-functional areas in the first line of defense.
- Leads project team through concept, planning, execution, and implementation phases for effective and timely risk remediation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses. Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools for managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring and management of resulting exception cases. Ensures adherence and compliance with regulations and controls by examining and proper documentation.
- Serves as a primary resource to less experienced team members and/or cross functional team members and advises on risk mitigation opportunities. Stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years (10 Total) of quantitative and metric creation experience related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include financial services, banking, public accounting or other related operational area that supports risk/compliance initiatives within the business.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources required.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 1+ years experience with risk metrics such as KRIs (Key Risk Indicators) and/or Risk Appetite.
- 1+ years experience with previous analyst experience.
- 1+ years experience utilizing databases and data management.
- Working knowledge experience creating dashboards and reporting.
- Ability to influence all levels of leadership.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 04/22/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior TX-San Antonio R0019691