USAA Business Support Analyst-Senior in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Business Support Analyst Senior for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Responsible for the implementation of solutions for complex business problems. Serves as a team leader to other Analysts who are responsible for supporting key operational functions and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of overall business functions with in-depth knowledge of specific areas/functions and related activities.
- Provides expertise in development of business goals and objectives to exploit all distribution channels, leverage use of data, and simplify processes.
- Serves as focal point for external agencies/service providers regarding daily operational activities or proposed strategic changes to the services being performed.
- Provides operational support on current processes and supports business operations and management in identifying opportunities and solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Organizes and defines parameters of assigned projects and assembles relevant data for said project(s).
- Validates information and interfaces with other departments to include presentations of documented findings, alternatives and recommended actions.
- Represents the business or staff agency as the subject matter expert on special projects and initiatives, as necessary.
- Participates in the planning, research, analysis, development, and implementation of new and modifications to existing applications and processes to provide new or improved capabilities, products, and/or services.
- Maintains broad system knowledge, stays current on all system enhancements, identifies training needs and implements plans.
- Assists with the documentation of new and revised departmental procedures.
- Gathers information, analyzes data and trends, identifies root causes, and develops work products.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Performs research, analysis, and resolution of account issues through the use of reports. Reviews, validates, and/or analyzes reports that function as a control to existing processes.
- Generates and/or develops regulatory and management reports. Develops and analyzes additional ad-hoc reports as needed by Management and or Regulatory Agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years experience as an analyst or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge in a wide variety of systems coordination, process/product review initiatives and the development of management information requirements for related business functions.
- Experience with data mining tools such as SAS, SQL, Business Objects, Lumira and Hadoop
- Experience working with Bank leadership teams to identify key opportunities for developing and enhancing Bank product strategies using quantitative and qualitative analytics
- Experience communicating the output and business implications of highly technical analysis in a way that is compelling and easily understood by leadership outside the analytics community
- Advanced knowledge of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative techniques, as well as decision science industry best practices
- Holistic understanding of financial services business and operations
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Business Support Analyst-Senior TX-San Antonio R0019934