USAA Commercial Lines Specialist I in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Commercial Lines Specialist I for our San Antonio, TX facility.
*Multiple positions available
Provides members with appropriate commercial insurance solutions to fit member’s needs. Uses knowledge of commercial insurance appetite, products, coverages, underwriting processes, and tools to gather and evaluate information to reach appropriate decisions on new business or renewals.
- Conducts business insurance needs assessment with member business owners with moderately complex risk association to understand scope of business operations, business entity, business risk and exposures to determine member’s need and financial situation.
- Applies knowledge of commercial insurance products and specialized coverages to present and implement appropriate insurance solutions.
- Leverages knowledge of carrier industry specialization to place business through Agency multiple alliance carrier and broker markets.
- Articulates Agency and carrier value propositions, and closes the sale on commercial products through Agency’s multiple alliance carrier and broker markets.
- Applies variable pricing and experience modifier to accounts with favorable risk exposures.
- Facilitates application and related documents while consulting with multiple Agency alliance carriers’, and brokers’ underwriting to appropriately place the business
- Completes quote follow ups, account reviews and follows up on underwriting referrals.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 or more years of commercial insurance sales experience and/or experience working in a fast-paced commercial insurance agency or broker setting.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Current General Lines License.
- Knowledge of specialized coverages for commercial insurance products.
- Capable of conducting needs assessments with member business owners for moderately complex risks. (Text Box)
- Proficient with scope of business operations, business entity, business risk and exposures to determine needs. (Text Box)
- Knowledge of carrier industry specialization coverages.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/23/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Commercial Lines Specialist I TX-San Antonio R0021052