Valero Lead SCADA Systems Specialist in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
The role of the Lead SCADA System Specialist is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and installation of VTDC’s (Valer Terminaling and Distribution Company) SCADA system. Included in the SCADA system are Network Devices, DCSs, PLCs, Flow Computers, VFDs, and Paperless Chart Recorders. In addition, this position is responsible for providing technical expertise in the support of the SCADA infrastructure to includePhysical WAN/LAN Network, Virtual servers environment, Server/client applications and software.
Provides technical analyses in order to provide solutions for software and hardware. Understands communication failures by using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient, stable SCADA systems and network operations. Manages software by maintaining updates and/or patches to the operating system and third-party applications.
- Performs technical analyses of software, hardware and transmission facilities using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations.
- May lead functional teams or projects and is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization.
- Tests and analyzes network facilities including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters, and servers.
- Communicates effectively with business to identify issues, needs, and evaluate business solutions.
- Establishes mutual trust and partnership with business users.
- Works with various resources to design solutions to solve operational issues, improve business performance, or improve existing systems.
- Contributes to the design of applications as part of project team.
- Gathers requirements and clearly documents them to ensure customer needs are represented in project scope.
- Provides support to other team members for information on network systems.
- Develops and maintains system documentation and delivers training to users as required.
- Reviews documentation, test plans and resultsdeveloped by other team members.
- Develops and maintains test plans for systems as required.
- Coordinates testing and document results.
- Provides direct support to customers on service issues.
- Works with technical and design teams on design and implementation of solutions. Provides training to end users to promote and support the new systems or solutions.
- Configures, codes, unit tests, develops reports and coordinates with technical resources for application projects.
- Provides post “go-live” support for network and application implementations.
- Interacts with business end-users in all phases of projects and support activities.
- Conducts research to learn current trends in technology, generate improvement suggestions, and presents findings to supervisors.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree required.
- 8 years of experience in the following area(s): Directly related field experience with Visual Basic, C or any other high level programming languages, to include 5 years of IT experience covering Microsoft Office products, relational databases, Microsoft OS, Unix, and/or direct computing support activities including knowledge of equipment, and application software required.
- Excellent knowledge in network equipment such as routers and switches required.
- Ability to travel at least 20% to other facilities operated by VTDC required.
- Ability to work off-hours and weekends on a rotational basis required.
- Ability to work in a team environment required.
- Electronic and/or electrical knowledge is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal required.
- Strong people skills required to work with employees and customers in the field required.
- Strong network knowledge to help design and troubleshooting existing SCADA system required.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 1:39:03 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1800174