USAA Quantitative Risk Analyst in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Quantitative Risk Analyst I for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business un exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Utilizes industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- May engage in model validation and/or produce model validation reports.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change using developed knowledge.
- May translate recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Produces advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Communicates analytical results, findings and solutions to governance committees and business process owners and influences business analysis.
- May create statistical reporting and financial analysis to forecast results for required stress test scenarios.
- Analyzes and challenges stress testing results and partners with relevant functions to validate those results.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline required; OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline; Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 2 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management; Or PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with technical and project aspects for Bank SRO Data Journey
- Experience with data analysis, data profiling, data quality concepts in SAS
- Experience collecting technical/data requirements and UAT testing and parallel testing
- Experience engaging in technical IT conversations, follow-up and issue management
- Experience aggregating data for analysis and reporting
- Proficient with Office products (Excel, PPT, Word,…) and SAS or similar language
- Experience in project management a plus (plans, statuses, issue management, change management) with cross functional teams (e.g., Risk, Business Lines, IT, Legal and Compliance, etc.)
- Risk and Credit Risk Management experience in Retail Banking a plus
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 04/25/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Quantitative Risk Analyst TX-San Antonio R0019222