Sirius Computer Solutions Regional Events Specialist in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition Number 18-0121
Title Regional Events Specialist
City San Antonio
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today
Responsible for planning and implementing events that create awareness and demand for Sirius solutions. Specific tasks will include researching and booking venues, obtaining and reviewing contracts, audio/visual needs, planning menus, support driving attendance and communications regarding program and attendance updates, overseeing development of required signage, coordinating shipping of necessary materials, ensuring the event runs smoothly and providing on-site support when appropriate.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinates and communicates all logistics details of customer-facing campaign events as well as VPD events in assigned geos working closely with Marketing Campaigns Specialist, local Sirius personnel and partner sponsors
• Assists with events paid for and coordinated by local partner representatives – this may include but is not limited to invite and registration page creation, registration updates, logistics, etc.
• Calculates and manages budgets and ensures they are adhered to, working with Marketing Campaigns Specialist and Program Specialist to ensure funding is covered and within partner guidelines
• Researches and books venues, activities, audio/visual, catering, request contracts and when necessary select menus
• Plans and monitors event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
• Initiate, coordinate and/or participate in all efforts to drive attendance to events, working with Marketing Automation Specialist to distribute invitations on predetermined schedules and working with local Sirius representatives to be sure they are driving attendance
• Send registration updates to all stakeholders in accordance to schedules
• Responsible for all necessary communication to registrants regarding the event, reminders, instructions, etc.
• Works with Marketing Coordinators to ensure creation and shipment of all necessary event materials
• Ensures all necessary proof of performance for participating partners is obtained
• Coordinates follow up communication to attendees as well as non-attendees with Marketing Campaigns Specialist and/or DSGM (for VPD events)
• Assists with Corporate Events as needed
• May need to travel to larger or more complicated events to handle onsite event management, otherwise secures alternative onsite event manager
• Has a clear understanding of what types of events are successful in assigned region
• Has a clear understanding of region’s focus solutions and partners
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related business field
• At least two (2) years marketing campaigns, events, or communications experience
• Demonstrated project management, presentation, organizational and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Experience in event planning and/or other marketing programs
• Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The position provides marketing solutions to clients and as such requires the ability to travel to more complex events as well as partner planning meetings.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.